There are different types of fears that become a problem for those who suffer. Everyone has some fear in certain situations and sometimes it happens to be animals or objects that present a danger of course for the people who are affected. In Weird News Files you are invited to meet 10 of the weirdest phobias.
1. – Xanthophobia: This phobia lies in the fear of incomprehensible yellow. The people that suffer from this surely don’t like coldplay.
2. – Arachibutyrophobia: Irrational fear of some people to some sort of food, mainly peanuts, almonds or peanut butter. In other words foods that can be stuck on the palate.
3. – Arachnophobiaphobia: Bitter terror against people who are afraid of people who suffer from arachnophobia. Talk about puzzling eh? Who would have thought that you and your phobia could become someone else’s phobia!
4. – Levophobia and Dextrophobia: The first is the irrational fear of objects found to the left of the person. The dextrofobia is the same fear but with the objects that are to the right of the person. Do not mention political views!
5. – Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: Interestingly, this word defines people who have an irrational fear of long words. The origin of the word comes from the Greek which means Hipopoto big monstrous monster sesquipedalian word derived from the Latin meaning big. I suppose it’s only appropriate to describe the phobia of long words with a long word.
6. – Alektorophobia: Phobia linked to people with a fear of chickens or other poultry. Randy Hickey in the series My Name is Earl suffers from this phobia. Usually when someone is scared we call them a chicken. What happens when they are afraid of chicken?
7. – Technophobia: Intense and unjustified fear of technology. Elton John has been recognized on occasion to have had technophobia, specifically in relation to mobile phones. Perhaps the amish were born with it.
9. – Triskaidekaphobia: Radical fear and frustration concerning the number 13. Everything around this number has always been controversial since it is one of the issues that cause bad feelings for superstitious people.
10. – Laloginephobia: Mixture of fear of public speaking which is called lalophobia or laliophobia and fear of talking to beautiful women which is called ginephobia or caliginephobia.